The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Expectations not met in Kung Fu Panda 4

“Kung Fu Panda 4” is a rated PG movie released on March 8, 2024
Creative Commons

Ever since 2022, many Kung Fu Panda fans have been waiting for “Kung Fu Panda 4” to be released. And on March 8, 2024, it finally did.

“Kung Fu Panda” is a rated PG movie series about a panda named Po who becomes a dragon warrior who has defeated many villains since he trains hard with Master Shifu who is a red panda. In “Kung Fu Panda 4,” which was directed by Mike Mitchell, Po finds a fox from Juniper City named Zhen. Together, they go on a journey to defeat the evil Chameleon. Chameleon is a villain who can take the form of anybody in the world, and she wants to acquire the power of all of the other villains from Kung Fu Panda. This includes past characters from the previous Kung Fu Panda movies such as Tai Lung, Lord Shen, and Kai.

I would rate “Kung Fu Panda 4” four out of five stars. The reason for this is because the movie is full of action, but it doesn’t have a good backstory. “Kung Fu Panda 4” only adds on to the previous three movies. The characters are also not that original. For example, the name “Chameleon” is not that exciting. I prefer the first movie, as the characters are much more original. In my opinion, Tai Lung is a cooler name compared to Chameleon.

The graphics were pretty good, there was lots of detail and the character designs were exceptional. Each character was slightly different from the other, no character had the same personality. This makes the movie look realistic while still maintaining the cartoony action theme that “Kung Fu Panda” is known for.

Many people expected a much better movie than this, so some people got disappointed, but the movie is still good overall; I don’t think anything is wrong with it. The settings, details, characters, and graphics were all decent, but the story plot is just adventure and combat— this makes it feel like there is something missing. This is why I couldn’t give it the full five star rating.