The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

International Night

After waiting for a long time, Clague Middle Schools International Night is here!
Jay Tavane

As our world becomes increasingly interconnected, schools need to embrace diversity and celebrate different cultures. Clague School is a great example of this, as it hosts an annual International Night. This event provides an opportunity for students, teachers, and parents to come together and learn about the different cultures that make up their school community.

International Night is a celebration of diversity and cultural exchange. It is an occasion for students to showcase their heritage and share their traditions with others. The event usually features food, music, dance, and other cultural activities. Students and their families are encouraged to dress in traditional clothing and bring dishes from their home countries to share.

“Our expectations and hopes for International Night are that it will be a cultural presentation that includes performances, food, cultural activities, games, etc,” said PTSO member Fan Wu.

The event is not only a fun and educational experience for students, but it also promotes cultural awareness and understanding. By learning about different cultures, students can develop empathy and respect for others. They can also gain a deeper understanding of the world around them and the different perspectives that exist.

“We are currently deciding the date and time for International Night with the student council,” said Wu. “Once the details are finalized, PTSO will inform all parents and call for parents and students from diverse backgrounds to present their cultures.” 

International Night is also an opportunity for schools to build community and strengthen relationships between families and teachers. It is a chance for parents to get involved in their child’s education and to connect with other families in the school community. Teachers can also use the event as a teaching opportunity, incorporating lessons about different cultures and traditions into their curriculum. It will take place on April 5th.

“Celebrating International Night in schools is important. Students have had wonderful memories of International Night at their elementary school and will experience a similar event called ‘multi-culti’ at their high school,” Wu said.

Clague’s International Night will have booths with food and representatives from each culture so that attendees can talk to them and ask them questions. Performers will also receive a prize for participating in the event! However, some rules must be followed to attend International Night. For example, if a student has two or more VOEs, they cannot go to International Night.

“The main purpose of International Night at Clague is to celebrate and help students appreciate the diversity at Clague and be proud of their roots,” said Wu.

Overall, International Night is a fantastic opportunity for students, teachers, and parents to come together and celebrate diversity. It’s also a great way to learn about different cultures, and traditions, and to promote understanding and respect for others.

View Comments (2)