The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Scholastic Book Fair arrives at Clague

Kim McLean
The Scholastic Book Fair returns the week of Dec. 11 as an opportunity for students to traverse through best-selling books or splurge on numerous school supplies.

During advisory students may have received a sheet of paper tinged with vibrant colors of blue, green, pink, and at the of the top corner in bold words, it was labeled: Scholastic Book Fair. The Scholastic Book Fair returns the week of Dec. 11 as an opportunity for students to traverse through best-selling books or splurge on numerous school supplies.

“I think it’s an awesome chance for kids to buy new books for their houses,” Clague sixth grader Aadya Desai said, “and pass them down to their siblings.”

The Scholastic Book Fair has been an annual event at Clague for more than ten years—and since the final day of the fair’s duration on Dec. 14, $5,800 dollars worth of books, posters, and stationery, were sold within 378 checkouts.

“It was a nice opportunity to get students more interested and involved with reading and literature,” Clague 8th grader Amelia Bai said. “I particularly enjoyed their cookbook section this year.”

To ensure all Clague students can participate, the PTSO funded money to support those who could not afford purchasing a book or buying a poster. Librarian Kim McLean has especially advocated for Scholastic to include special value books, as to guarantee each student is given the option to experience the book fair memorably.

“I think it’s fun and exciting,” McLean said, “seeing the kids eager to buy, eager to shop—it’s really fun to see that excitement.”