The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Seventh Graders Visit DIA for World History and Geography Class

Seventh grade students took their annual trip to the DIA. Flickr under the Creative Commons License

On May 21 and 22, Clague Middle School sent seventh graders to the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) for a World History and Geography field trip. The DIA houses a vast collection of artifacts from ancient civilizations such as the Greeks and Mayans.

“It’s a really cool experience to get to see with our own eyes some of the things we have been learning about all over the year,”  seventh grade student Simon Corradi Uranga said.

Half of the seventh graders visited the DIA on May 21, including students from the advisories of M. Donnelly, Inaba, Alwin, Jbeily, Nordstrom, and Lamberjack. The remaining students, from the advisories of Taylor, Cartman, Kotlinski, Bryan, Pelchat, and Lamberjack, went on May 22.

The DIA is an artifact museum with a wealth of fascinating items from ancient times.

Seventh grade world history teacher Karma Nordstrom traveled with the group.

“It took a great deal of my time and energy to plan the trip, but I was very pleased with how it turned out,” Nordstrom said. “I’ve had students showing me photos they took of artifacts they found especially interesting or beautiful, and a lot of connections were made to what we’ve been learning in class. I hope our current budget crisis doesn’t prevent us from doing this trip again next year.”

The students had a positive experience with the DIA field trip.

“[It was] really cool how we get to have a field trip and see all these cool artifacts from all around the world. “[It is] really awesome and relaxing to get a day off and learn about history,” seventh grade student Liam Harizanoff-Mancour said.