The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Construction Near Clague: Feb 12 – 15

Jaewon Lee
Prarie Street between Plymouth Rd and Briarcliff St is closed from Feb 12 to Feb 15.

Starting Feb. 12 to 15, the City of Ann Arbor has shared the notice of the closure of Prairie Street between Plymouth Rd and Briarcliff St. This, depending on students’ way to school, may mean that families have to find a new way to go to Clague.

According to A2.GOV, construction company J. S. Vig will be closing and occupying every single lane of Prairie Street between Plymouth Road and Briarcliff Street to demolish some utility leads to a building in the area, and construction will take place from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. during each day of the full road closure.​

This street will be closed to all vehicle traffic. All NB Prairie Street traffic (you may take this road when coming to school) will be detoured and directed west on Plymouth Road then north on Nixon Road then east on Aurora Street back to Prairie Street, and SB Prairie Street ​(maybe on your way to home) will be detoured west on Briarcliff Street then west on Aurora Street then south on Nixon Road then east on Plymouth Road back to Prairie Street.

MLIVE also states that the project is planned to be finished by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Feb 15. Detours will be directed around the work zone.

Access to all local businesses will be maintained during the closure, and pedestrians can still use the east side of the street.