The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Season 2 sports starting Nov. 13!

Tritonwear Blog
A person swimming freestyle

Finally… Season 2 sports are starting! Season 2 registration starts on October 25th and it begins on Monday, November 13. 

The New Season includes 7th & 8th grade Women’s Basketball, Synchronised Swimming, and Wrestling (which will be canceled due to construction).

Swimming and Basketball will have tryouts which will also start on November 13th.

Chiara Christensen, a 7th grader at Clague says “Season 2 sports look fun. I would like to be able to swim and I know that one of my friends wants to play basketball.”

Synchronized swimming will include 6, 7, and 8th graders, it will start on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday like the rest of the Clague athletics. It will be from 3:10 – 4:40 pm and Coach will be Rachel Dempsey.

I think season 2 sports are really fun because you get to do swimming at school. It’s very nice that we have a swimming pool in school! I really wanna try both of them this season!” Says 7th grader Nayul Jung

7th and 8th grade Women’s basketball will take place 3:10 – 4:10 pm (study hall), 4:15 – 5:45 pm (practice). During Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. The 8th grade coach will be Deborah Mullice and the 7th grade coach will be Lee Hallom.

I think that it’s interesting that they didn’t include more sports, because in season 1 there was volleyball, cross country, soccer, and field hockey. Hopefully, they can find coaches to coach basketball and swimming” Christensen says.