The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Omar Rising: a review

Once you start reading Omar Rising, you wont be able to  stop reading.
Jaewon Lee
Once you start reading “Omar Rising,” you won’t be able to stop reading.

If I were to describe “Omar Rising” by Aisha Saeed in one word, I would say “determination.” “Omar Rising” is an imperative book that you have to read. It has amazing plot twists, and also a very good uplifting theme of determination. This amazing book will set your mind to do whatever you want, and it will help you ensure that nothing will ever deter you from achieving your goal.

“Omar Rising” centers around a boy named Omar Rising, who was very poor. However, one day, he got accepted to a prestigious school called Ghalib with a scholarship. 

As much as Omar is thrilled, he is just as surprised. And just as surprising as it is, Ghalib isn’t as stellar as it is publicly. Since Omar arrived on scholarship, he has faced impossible grade requirements and also is confronted with extreme discrimination, such as not being able to sign up for extracurriculars.

However, under these circumstances, even Omar doesn’t give up. He just keeps being “stubbornly optimistic,” never ceasing to believe in himself. Omar now has to deal with unimaginable restrictions, so he truly needs to be “stubbornly optimistic” forever.

I give “Omar Rising” five out of five stars, and I definitely would recommend it. If you start reading the book, it would be almost impossible to stop reading until you reach the end. Overflowing with extreme emotions, “Omar Rising” is a great book that I will recommend to all ages.