The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Ann Arbor ranked third safest city in the country

Clague Middle school on March 11, 2024, is one of the top ranked schools in Ann Arbor.
Ej Landefeld

A beacon of safety for the US Residents is  Ann Arbor, Michigan, having much to celebrate as the third safest city in the country! This dynamic college town has secured the coveted title of third safest city in the United States, according to a recent national safety ranking (Mlive.com). This impressive achievement reflects the city’s unwavering commitment to public safety and its residents’ well-being.  

The ranking takes a comprehensive approach, considering a range of factors that contribute to overall safety. Crime rates naturally play a significant role. Ann Arbor consistently shows low crime statistics, particularly low rates of violent crime. This translates to a palpable sense of security for residents as they go about their daily lives. 

Beyond crime rates, access to quality healthcare is also a significant factor. Fortunately, Ann Arbor is home to excellent medical facilities and a well-equipped emergency response system. For example, the hospitals are very safe and well-equipped to help people in case of emergencies, ensuring residents have timely access to essential care.  

“I feel very safe, even if I get injured. This is because of Ann Arbor’s health care facilities and how well they are,” said Clague seventh grader Jacob Davidson.

Ann Arbor also has proactive local law enforcement, which implements strategies that deter crime and maintain a consistent sense of security throughout the city.  

“Ann Arbor also fosters a strong sense of community, evident in resident-led initiatives like neighborhood watch programs. These programs cultivate a spirit of collaboration and mutual support, strengthening the city’s social fabric,” Clague parent Armita Kyani said.

Additionally, the city’s proximity to the prestigious University of Michigan makes it even more attractive for students seeking a safe environment to pursue their education

“I feel very happy and safe in Ann Arbor’s community, especially with my friends,” Clague seventh grader Methuja Don said.

Earning the title of third safest city is a remarkable achievement for Ann Arbor. It stands as a testament to the city’s dedication to creating a safe and thriving environment for all residents. This recognition will undoubtedly attract newcomers seeking a secure place to raise families. 

This ensures the city remains a haven for all who call it home, fostering a vibrant community where residents can thrive and contribute. As Ann Arbor continues to prioritize safety, residents can expect to see continued growth and prosperity in the years to come.

View Comments (1)