The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Are apple products changing?

Apple MacBooks new USB-C (Type-C) port Maurizio Pesce. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic lisence.
“Apple MacBook’s new USB-C (Type-C) port” Maurizio Pesce. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic lisence.

Apple has announced late last week that all new Apple phones, computers, ipads, cables, etc.. Would be changed to a USB-C. This is shocking because as many people who use Apple know, they have a separate cable which is pretty annoying to anyone who doesn’t have that cable. Other phone companies make phones, laptops, ipads, cables, etc with USB-C ports and cables. 

So why is Apple all of a sudden changing their ports and cables? Well let’s look into that! 

Hemanth Tavane, a 10th grader at Huron HIgh School says “I really think this change is for the better, I like this alot and have a feeling that many people will also like it.”

Last year, European regulators made a rule that all electronic devices must have USB-C. Apple resisted but then gave up. Greg Joswiak told the Wall Street Journal that they will have to  comply because they have “no choice”.

And before you start worrying no, this doesn’t mean the charging speeds are going to change, they are still going to be fast. And this also means that all Apple products from here on are going to have USB-C chargers.

View Comments (1)