Brandon Copeland

Courtesy of Brandon Copeland

Brandon Copeland has worked at Clague for the past six or seven years. Over the years, he has had the opportunity to coach soccer, basketball, and track for CMS athletics.

Aditi Gopalakrishnan, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

A: “Ok, I have joyfully worked at Clague for the past six or seven years. Over the years, I have had the opportunity to coach soccer, basketball, and track for CMS athletics. I love sports! I have a wish that every Clague Student, while still here, gets to participate on at least one sports team, activity or club.”

Q: What has been your favorite part about this school year?

A: “My favorite part of the school year so far has been working with students again. I know this school year hasn’t been ideal, but your resilience, and tenacity have been so impressive.”

Q: What is one goal you have for this school year?

A: “To get to know as many students as possible. I believe that will help make my wish come true.”

Q: What is your favorite middle school activity or program, and why?

A: “I mentioned earlier that I love sports, I’m going to stick with that answer. I love to watch people compete, giving everything they got. I also enjoy seeing people reach a goal or starting to recognize their potential.”

Q: When can we expect athletic programs to restart at Clague, and how are sports in middle school different from high school?

A: “I hope to have all five seasons of athletics, and all after school clubs become available next year. Athletics in high school will be a little bit different. High school athletics should challenge student-athletes more. The competition stiffens and widens, so you may have to practice more or harder, to stay competitive.”

Q: What sports/hobbies do you enjoy doing?

A: “I play a lot of disc golf these days. Not so much now that it’s soo cold out, but anytime I get a chance. I also enjoy running, exercise, music, and video games. Go Cougars!”