Cougars of Clague: English Language Arts Teacher Julie Donnelly

Angela Chen, Staff Writer

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

A: “I just finished my 20th year teaching, so this is my 21st year teaching. Teaching is my second career because I used to be in the information technology field. I liked what I did, but I really missed teaching children because I trained adults how to use computers, but I always had the regret that I didn’t go on to get my education degree when I was younger, and so I always regretted that. So I went back to school later on, and got my master’s degree in education and started teaching when I was 32.”

Q: What has been your favorite part of this school year?

A: “This is hard! My favorite part of this year is not wearing shoes! I also like seeing

Courtesy of Donnelly

your faces, but I’d much rather be in school. But I guess shoes. Not wearing shoes is kind of cool.”

Q: What is one goal you have for this year?

A: “To really get to know all of my students. Like I do when we’re in person.”

Q: What is your favorite class and why?

A: “I used to teach social studies, but I do like Language Arts. It’s my favorite, but it’s my favorite because we would have guided reading and we would talk about books, so that’s why it’s my favorite.”

Q: What Hobbies/Sports do you do?

A: “I used to be an aerobics instructor through my college years, and I’m a really active person. What I do about 4-5 days a week after I get done teaching I work out because I have a workout area in my basement. So, I’ll be on the elliptical, or I’ll still do aerobics. I do weight training, just to get the stress out. I like to be healthy and fit, because I don’t want to get sick, and I don’t want to look really old.”