Jennifer Daddow

Courtesy of Jennifer Daddow

Ms. Daddow is currently the Assistant Principal at Clague Middle School. She taught six years of high school English and 2.5 years of middle school special education.

Lakshya Jaiganesh, Managing Editor

Q. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

A. I am currently the Assistant Principal at Clague Middle School. Before becoming an Assistant Principal, I taught six years of high school English and 2.5 years of middle school special education, (1.5 years at Clague Middle School). I graduated from Eastern Michigan University with a bachelor’s degree in secondary education and language, literature and writing. I earned a masters degree in special education and a certificate in educational leadership from Madonna University. I was born and raised in Livonia, Michigan. I have one sister who lives in Georgia with her husband, her 7-year-old daughter, and their family dog, Lincoln.

Q. What has been your favorite part about this school year?

A. My favorite part of this school year has been seeing all the students and teachers when I visit classes and when we have had our all-school and grade level Zoom get togethers.

Q. What do you miss about Clague?

A. I miss interacting with the students and staff at Clague Middle School. I have missed participating in the activities unique to Clague, such as hot chocolate with the principals, the Winter Blast, Fun Nights, sporting events, etc. where I can see students learning, having fun and positively engaging with each other.

Q. What is one goal you have for this year?

A. One goal I have for this year is to stay positive and active. I know this year has been so difficult for many people, myself included, for a variety of reasons. Staying positive and active has really helped keep me busy when I’ve found myself bored, and it’s helped me stay hopeful for a time when I can see my family and friends, as well as the people from the Clague community again.

Q. What is your favorite class and why?

A. My favorite class is language arts. I have always loved to hear the many different perspectives people can have after reading the same text. I also like to hear how they came to their conclusions and how their personal experience contributes to their thinking. I have also liked reading because I find that I’m able to explore different time periods, countries, locations, and lives of people that I might have been exposed to otherwise. I like to learn about people who are different from me and what their lives are like.

Q. What hobbies/sports do you do?

A. I love exercising (CrossFit and biking), gardening, reading, cooking/baking, photography, crafting, cleaning and organizing things, traveling, going to sporting events/concerts/plays, and spending time with my family and friends.