The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Cougars of Clague: Andrea Jakubowski

Andrea Jakubowski
Mrs. Jakubowski teaches seventh and eighth grade Spanish at Clague.

Q: Tell us a little about yourself.

A: “I’m Mrs. Jakubowski, seventh & eighth grade Spanish teacher here at Clague.  I have 16 years of teaching experience, and have been teaching at Clague Middle School for four years.”

Q: What is your favorite class and why?

A: “My favorite class is Spanish of course! I love Spanish because it combines my favorite things to learn about— people, culture, and language. I like to be able to speak Spanish to connect with others.”

Q: Why did you choose to teach Spanish?

A: “There were a few key moments in my life for why I chose to teach Spanish. The first was my own high school Spanish teacher, Jenni Marsh. She was from the U.P., but had lived in Ecuador and spoke Spanish very well. She took us to Mexico and I thought it was so cool how she was able to communicate with others in Spanish and I wanted to learn how to do that, too.  I was a tutor and parks and rec coach in high school and learned I like to teach and work with students.  Finally, when I lived in Spain in college and could communicate more fluently, I knew I would be speaking and learning Spanish for life. And most of all, Spanish is fun!”

Q: What hobbies/sports/clubs do you do and why do you like them?

A: “I love to play tennis because it is fast-paced and strategic. I also really like to read (and watch movies and television). I tend to enjoy historical fiction with strong women characters the most, but I love a variety of genres and stories. I generally like to spend time outdoors: hiking, walking/running, and kayaking, etc. I am also very hooked on the New York Times puzzles these days. Of course, I treasure hanging out with my family and my friends.”

Q: What is something you are proud of?

A: “I am proud of my sons and my students everyday. I am proud that I earned a Master’s degree while working full time and coaching.”

Q: What’s an interesting/unique fact about yourself?

A: “An interesting fact that most people probably don’t know about me is that I used to twirl a baton when I was little. ”