The Student News Site of Clague Middle School

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

The Cougar Star

Poll

This poll has ended.

Should Tik Tok be banned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Cougars of Clague: Saanvi Kulkarni

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1iZqH46U2_JBsd8jB0LjBNyoapNeaLTUL06Dn_WlYB7g/edit#slide=id.g2633f58c0df_0_0

Q: Tell us a little about yourself.

A: “My name is Saanvi and I’m in 7th grade. I love to write, which I spend like at least 1 hour on every day, and I also read way too much — my favorite author is currently Jennifer Nielsen, though it’s always changing. I have way too many favorite books, but if I had to name one, it would probably be Untwine by Edwidge Danticat. I also draw/sketch a lot, though painting is something I generally would watch people do rather than do it myself… Also, I love to travel!”

Q: What is your favorite class and why?

A: “While a reasonable answer would be ELA, since I love reading and writing, I find it actually not as great as reading and writing on my own. And I’m not a fan of geometry, so I can’t say math, and using that logic I rule out all my classes – except Lunch and Advisory. I know lunch isn’t technically a class, but… food! Food is great. And advisory because we don’t do much in advisory.”

Q: What hobbies/sports/clubs do you do and why do you like them?

A: “As mentioned before, I love reading and writing, and I also do karate as well as piano. I’m a part of the Clague newspaper (Cougar Star) as well as the yearbook, too. I love newspaper and yearbook because they’re fun ways to express myself and a great thing to do in my free time — like I’m having fun, but also being productive. I love piano because it’s just really fun to express myself through music, and see what different kinds of music I can play, and maybe even be able to compose one day!”

Q: What is something you are proud of?

A: “I really don’t know what I’m proud of, and I want to say finishing elementary school, but that’s something I definitely cannot say I’m proud of without straight-up lying. So, even though I definitely do not enjoy Kumon whatsoever, I guess I’m proud of making it into the top 3% in math in Kumon USA in 2021. (I’m doing my best not to make that last sentence a question.)

Q: What’s an interesting/unique fact about yourself?

A: “A fun fact about me is that I collect boarding passes or really any type of pass/ticket!”

View Comments (1)